A Therapist Like Me is seeking an Executive Director
Please apply with both a cover letter and resume. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Pay: $25/hour training rate (estimate of month of May) with an increase to $30/hour after training is complete (estimate of June 1). We have a strong desire to pay you more as our organization grows.
Position Type: Part-time (10-20 hours per week); both in-person and remote work. Hours may fluctuate and be evaluated/re-evaluated based on needs of the organization, the community, the Executive Director/ATLM team, and may change as we grow. Position based on funding from current year and is contingent upon funding availability.
This position is scheduled to start 6/01/21 with an estimated training start date of 5/01/21.
A Therapist Like Me, established in 2019, is a non-profit, 501(c)3 dedicated to connecting minority-identifying clients to minority-identifying therapists, advancing therapists of color, providing financial gifts to minority-identifying clients for psychotherapy, reducing societal stigma surrounding mental health, and supporting our community.
We are seeking a part-time (10-20 hours per week) Executive Director who will lead our small team. The ED is responsible for overseeing administration, contractors, operations, finance (alongside our CPA and Director of Finance and Administration), grant writing (alongside our Grant Writer) training, compliance, programming, fundraising, training, advocacy, social justice within the organization, community engagement, and model cultural humility.
Our preferred candidate has:
- a bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) or equivalent education/experience in social work, counseling, psychotherapy, social justice, public administration, non-profit management, or closely related field
knowledge of mental health, psychotherapy, social justice, crisis management, and advocacy
- proven ability to support, develop, and evaluate programs
- Board experience
- highly effective in project management: time management, communication, can meet deadlines, and computer skills (i.e., web development, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive, email, analytics)
- one or more years (3 or more preferred) of non-profit leadership
- one or more years (5 or more preferred) of professional leadership experience
- one or more years of experience in training individuals and groups
- one or more years of experience in leading conversations surrounding systems of oppression related to race, ethnicity, gender, disability/ability, neurotype, sexuality, language, spirituality, mental health, and/or intersectionality
1. Develop and coordinate ATLM programs to include but not limited to programs and services surrounding: pop-up clinics, internship program, elevating therapists of color, the psychotherapy voucher program, training program, directory, and other programs yet to be developed.
2. Manage the above and future programs including:
a. Directing committee member meetings quarterly
b. Directing Board member meetings quarterly
c. Training psychotherapy voucher members quarterly
d. Re-evaluating surveys with a social justice lens to assess programs, contractors, and facilitators’ performance
e. Develop training programs for facilitators and volunteers
f. Yearly re-evaluation of programs
g. Providing quarterly Board reports
h. Providing administration contractor reviews
i. Outreach, recruit, and engage contractors, facilitators, volunteers, and participants for programs
3. Oversee email reminders, contact lists, and events using Constant Contact and/or Google Business.
4. Oversee logistics including the coordination of event space, volunteers, supplies, etc.
5. Building relationships in the community to assess future needs, and opportunities.
6. Support fundraising and grant writing activities as needed.
7. Meet weekly with the Director of Finance and Administration
8. Open Zoom or in-person pop-up clinics or appoint designee for this task.
9. Attend meetings pertinent to A Therapist Like Me
10. Develop a yearly programs budget for programs working with the financial team.
11. Work with marketing, communications, web development, review teams, financial teams and the Board as needed
12. Other administrative duties as assigned
Organization’s website: www.atherapistlikeme.org
Remote interview process
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers