Hey, Asheville musicians! - I’m looking for one or two reliable people who love playing music and want to earn some money from it. My business is In-Home music lessons for kids in the Asheville area. I now have more requests than I can meet on my own. My program offers lessons on guitar, piano, drums, voice, ukulele, banjo, and violin. I'm especially hoping to find somebody who is good on Piano or Banjo. With Piano, I'm specifically looking for someone who has some classical training and has some knowledge about hand position, posture, and reading music. However, you wouldn't need to be a concert pianist.
The advantage of working for my program is that all you have to do is show up, provide a fun and engaging lesson, make sure you're on the same page as the customer with their scheduling, and leave on time. I handle the marketing, enrollments, billing, performance planning, goal-setting, extra activities for students, etc.
Starting out, I’ll be paying teachers $25 for providing a 30-Minutes lesson, and $35 for a 50-minute lesson in the student’s home. Most students get one lesson a week. The most popular hours are 3-7 PM, but in the summer things can start a bit earlier. I do my best to schedule nearby students on the same day, though it doesn’t always work out. This isn’t a full time opportunity right now, but it’s still a pretty efficient way to earn some side money and build a SERIOUSLY valuable skill. If we can get you on 2-3 lessons after school, you’re making the same money as a full day at starbucks or something, but in 2-4 hours. To be totally clear, teaching a 30-minute lesson in somebody’s home doesn’t just take 30 minutes. You need to spend a few minutes planning the lesson (I give you a suggested method book for each instrument which makes this pretty simple), drive there (leaving a few minutes of time as a cushion in case of traffic), say hello to the family, then start the lesson. For me, I average around 1.25 hours for a 30-minute lesson.
You’ll be a good fit for this work if you:
1. Are extremely reliable and can be ON TIME every time. Student’s get really bummed if their teacher is late or doesn’t show up as planned.
2. Have a reliable car and are willing to drive within a 15 mile radius of downtown Asheville
3. Have no criminal record and are willing to have a background check.
4. Can tolerate songs by the band Imagine Dragons (all Kids LOVE Imagine Dragons) : )
5. Have had some type of experience with kids ages 5-12. Must genuinely care about kids and be able to get on their wavelength.
6. Are very good on at least ONE of the following instruments, and preferably are competent on multiple. (It’s easier to get work if you teach more than one) 1.Piano, 2.Voice, 3.Drums, 4.Guitar, 5.Bass, 6.Ukulele
If this sounds interesting to you, send an email through craigslist and give me a brief explanation of:
1.what instrument(s) you play and a little about your musical background.
2. What type of experience you’ve had with kids.
If we sound like a good fit, I’ll send the next steps for the application process.
Thanks for reading!
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers