PLI is the largest Hospitality, Gift and Loyalty Card manufacturer on the planet. But we know size without stature is meaningless. Being the biggest is the purposeful result of our determined drive to be the best. Dedicated to our customers’ success. Invested in our employees’ goals and achievements. We work hard. We play hard. We nurture our own and give back to our communities. We don’t just manufacture an impressive variety of card products. We deliver solutions in card form.
Shipping Operator - Day Shift (8:30am-5:00pm) AND 2nd Shift (2:00pm-10:30pm)
We are searching for an experienced Shipping Operator at our Asheville, NC facility.
Primary responsibilities for the Shipping Operator are to prepare, pack, and ship product to be delivered to customer. Other duties include rotating material and product inventory, receiving and placing product produced in inventory, maintaining cleanliness of warehouse, and completing all paperwork required.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
• Prepare work area for start of shift, which includes restocking supplies (boxes, paper etc.)
• Upon receipt of shipping orders, pull stock, check for accuracy, and pack orders
• Ensure product to be shipped is inspected for correct content according to the order
• Process and prepare stock for shipping: stacking boxes, labeling, wrapping pallets and preparing them for pick up
• Perform Material Handling activities according to established company policies
• Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
• Safely perform physical demands as indicated below
• Perform these and other duties as assigned by supervisor or other appropriate management personnel
• Work overtime as needed to meet customers’ needs
• Minimum 1 year of warehouse or shipping experience preferred
• High School Diploma or GED preferred
*Note – Offer may be extended without Diploma or GED – Requirement must be fulfilled within 9 months of hire date.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Experience with material handling equipment: Forklift & Pallet Jack
• Strong communication skills
• Strong math skills
• Detailed and accurate work habits
• Experience using Warehouse management system and UPS Wordship
• Basic computer skills
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Sit, speak, hear and comprehend
• Stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms on a daily basis
• Lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus and see colors with acuity
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in an indoor setting, but may be exposed to:
• Variable temperature conditions indoor and outside (occasionally extreme heat or extreme cold)
• Moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust and/or mite hazards
• Moderate noise environment
A demonstrated commitment to safety is a condition of employment.
Non-Exempt Hourly - Regular Full Time
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers