Grounds Technician I
QR Code Link to This Post
We have an immediate opening on our Grounds Maintenance Crew. The role involves maintaining and improving the property and grounds owned and operated by Kanuga Conferences, Inc. Located outside Hendersonville, NC since 1928, Kanuga is based on 1,400 acres of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Our property features a 30-acre lake, 20 miles of hiking trails, lodging up to 440 guests, a modern 61-room inn, 45 historic cottages and guest houses, Camp Kanuga, Camp Bob, and the Mountain Trail Outdoor School.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
· Mowing (riding and push mowing), weed eating, pruning, tree trimming, blowing of grass and leaves, leaf removal, spraying of weeds.
· Landscape by planting flowers, grass, shrubs, bushes, etc.
· Maintain all roads, parking lots, paths and walkways.
· Blocking, splitting and delivering of firewood.
· Year-round daily trash removal from cottages, guesthouses, camps, and kitchens.
· Work in all types of weather conditions to complete any grounds maintenance issues that may arise year-round including snow removal and spreading of ice melt.
· Keep guest satisfaction high if approached by guest with a grounds maintenance issue, otherwise inform guest of our maintenance request protocol.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Technical experience with small engines, mowers and other outside power equipment
· Preferred experience with tractors and excavators
· Personable, enthusiastic, customer-oriented, and enjoy working collaboratively with people
· Work with a sense of urgency, successful in completing tasks within deadlines
· A valid driver's license and acceptable driving record required
· Demonstrate maturity and a strong work ethic