Pace Analytical Services is seeking an motivated, energetic individual to serve as a Client Services Technician in our Sample Receiving department. This is a full-time 2nd shift position. Hours are Monday - Friday 3:30 pm - 12:30 am.
QR Code Link to This Post
Responsible for check-in of client samples and related activities with responsibility for sample management and sample custody, container and equipment preparation. Returns shipping containers & prepares samples for shipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but not limited to:
* Processes incoming samples; inspects sample to insure they are in good condition; sign appropriate chain of custody documents to receive samples; assigns laboratory numbers to all samples and logs information into the Lab Data Management System (LDMS).
* Routes paperwork to appropriate personnel.
* Prepares samples for shipment to internal/external clients
* Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
* Back-up duties and responsibilities:
* Stores samples; places samples in appropriate storage area to insure proper sample preservation; maintains temperature of storage areas; assists in keeping storage areas organized to allow quick and easy access of samples; controls access to samples to protect those stored under custody.
* Returns shipping containers to sampling teams.
* May handle sample disposal needs for the laboratory operation
* Promotes cooperation and teamwork among staff.
* Must follow Pace Analytical Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
Standard computer package.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Education and/or Experience - High School diploma or equivalent. Post High School technical/academic training preferred.
* Physical Demands – Regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Reach with arms, talk, hear, taste and smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. At times will be required to stand and walk. May have to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Work Environment – While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively.
* Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Computer Skills – Proficient use of Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office products especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and the ability to multi task between products