SOMA VAN NESS BIKE Track/SS road bike - $815 (Asheville)
bicycle frame material: steel bicycle type: road brake type: caliper frame size: 54cm seat tube handlebar type: drop make / manufacturer: Soma model name / number: VAN NESS suspension: none (rigid) wheel size: 700C
QR Code Link to This Post
SOMA VAN NESS BIKE Great bike for many uses- urban, commuting, track. WITH SPECIAL PRESTIGE CROMOLY LUGGED FRAMESET, SINGLE SPEED AND FIXED GEAR TRACK ROAD BIKE, VERY UNIQUE
Standard MSRP: $1,500 Asking, selling at: $815
The Van Ness is our road sport frame that can be built up fixed, single speed or with internally geared hubs. If you are interested in doing a century on a single-speed, this should be on your short list. (Note: This model is no longer being made and is listed just for reference)
- Lugged Tange Prestige heat-treated butted CrMo steel; butted CrMo rear end (On 52cm frames the seat tube/seatstay juncture is welded, not lugged)
- Road sport geometry
- Polished stainless steel headtube lugs
- Includes Tange lugged crown steel fork with chrome-plated crown
- Horizontal track fork ends, 120mm hub spacing
- Compatible with 49mm reach brakes
- 2 sets of water bottle bosses
- 1-1/8" size headtube
- 27.2mm seatpost size
- Max tire size: 28c
- 5 sizes: 52cm to 60cm
- Paint: Pearl White
SOMA IS A SAN FRANCISCO-BASED FIRM THAT HAS ITS DESIGNS FABRICATED IN TAIWAN. SOMA USES TAIWAN BECAUSE OF THE SUPERIOR QUALITY THE ISLAND'S BIKE MAKERS OFFER OVER MAINLAND CHINA-MADE BIKES.
SOMA VAN NESS FRAMESET. $850 FRAME AND FORK MSRP. 53.5 SEAT TUBE X 55.5 TOP TUBE.
THE VAN NESS MODEL IS SOMA'S ROAD SPORT FRAME THAT CAN BE BUILT UP FIXED, SINGLE-SPEED OR WITH AN INTERNALLY GEARED HUB. REAR HUB SPACING IS 120MM. BECAUSE IT HAS REAR TRACK DROPOUTS, DERAILLEUR GEARING IS NOT PRACTICAL.
IT IS BUILT WITH TANGE PRESTIGE HEAT-TREATED BUTTED CRMO STEEL TUBING. THE LUGS ARE POLISHED STAINLESS STEEL.
SEAT TUBE DETAIL SHOWING THE TANGE PRESTIGE TUBING DECAL AND THE BEAUTIFUL CLASSIC CAST BOTTOM BRACKET SHELL
Soma Fabrication van ness single speed frame and fork. The bike rides flawlessly. A very smooth and stylish bike that will turn heads as you ride through streets. This is bike is one of kind that features many aftermarket parts which include:
• Frame: Soma Fabrication Van Ness, worth $850
• Crank: Sugino single speed crankset, 170mm worth $200
• Track Wheels: Flip-flop track hubs with a fixed cog on one side and a single speed freewheel on the other side if the hub, worth $300 total
• Handle Bar: EIS alloy Bar, worth $40
• Headset: Cane Creek Classic 100 Headset - the best! worth $120
• Seat post: EIS Seatpost, worth $50
• Seat: EIS , worth $60
• Stem: EIS , worth $50
Brakes: Cane Creek brakes, worth $80
• Special platform pedals with urban straps on them, worth $75
• Tires: Maxxis Detonators, worth $60
Serious buyers only!! The bike is worth well over the price posted, north of $1,400 . Offer reasonable offers within the price range!
Condition: Lightly used: A lightly used bike with less than 100 miles on it. See the seller's listing for full details.
In Asheville, NC area. A bicycle industry veteran with bike expertise selling off new samples. Can set up a time and place to see it and demo it.
• Don't hesitate to contact via Craigslist message , I'll reach out by phone
• Restrictions: Reasonable offers only, No Trades, Local pickup only
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers